Zoysiagrass is a warm-season grass that spreads by rhizomes and stolons to produce a very dense, wear-resistant turf. It is best adapted to the Piedmont and Coastal Plain regions of North Carolina, but some of the more cold tolerant cultivars can be grown in the western part of the state as well. There are three major species of zoysiagrass suitable for turf: Japanese lawngrass (Z. japonica), mascarenegrass (Z. tenuifolia), and manilagrass (Z. matrella). Zoysiagrass can often be confused with bermudagrass. However, zoysiagrass has hairs standing upright on the leaf blade whereas bermudagrass does not. Zoysiagrass is also stiff to the touch and offers more resistance than bermudagrass.
Custom Zoysiagrass Lawn Maintenance Program
- Round 1 – Zoysia Spring Weed Control (Late Winter)
- Round 2 – Zoysia Fertilizer/Weed App 1
- Round 3 – Zoysia Fertilizer/Weed App 2 (Early Summer)
- Round 4 – Zoysia Fertilizer/Weed App 3 (Late Summer)
- Round 5 – Zoysia Fertilizer/Weed App 4 (Early Fall)
- Round 6 – Zoysia Fungicide Application (Fall) - Large Patch Disease Control
- Round 7 – Zoysia Winter Weed Control (Late Fall/Winter)
Zoysiagrass Lawn Maintenance Calendar
NOTE: Don’t be fooled by competitors offering 8-10 round applications. If you use quality products, you do not need as many applications. This is our basic service program. There are other beneficial services, such as core aeration, lime, grub control, soil testing, etc.